Tips for Interim Management CVs
See our sample successful CV.
- Do start with a summary profile of yourself (avoid waffle)
- Do emphasise your specialist area and how many years of experience you have in executive management positions (normally 10+ years)
- Do summarise (in a paragraph) your successful outcomes (what are you famous for?)
- Focus on your main functional experience and what you have to offer to clients (which may not be the same as your next step on the corporate career ladder)
- Keep it simple and easy to read
- Maximum four pages of A4
- No colour text or background
- No photos
- No large attachments
- Avoid a "jack-of-all-trades" approach (these get deleted very quickly)
- Do include facts and figures on budgets, staff numbers, achievements and responsibilities
- Remember that a good interim management CV is not the same as a corporate career CV.